New Decorative Finishes from Crown Help Beverage Brands Boost Shelf Presence, Build Consumer Loyalty
Finishes on Display at BrauBeviale 2018, Hall 4, Stand 4-237
Yardley, PA – November 13, 2018. Crown Bevcan Europe & Middle East, a business unit of Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) (Crown) (www.crowncork.com), is debuting several decorative finishes at BrauBeviale 2018 (Hall 4, Stand 4-237) to help beverage brands enhance visual appeal and foster greater interaction with consumers. The finishes are an extension of Crown’s “Colourful World” technology portfolio, which addresses the need for greater differentiation at the point of purchase and helps brands push the boundaries of functionality and creativity.
The new additions to the family include:
- MattTactile and TactileEdge™ are advancements of the Company’s Tactile finish and run at extreme energy levels, without loss of line speed;
- MirrorGloss is the next generation of the Company’s existing gloss varnish;
- Frost gives cans a dewy look;
- Sparkle, which features actual sparkling elements, is ideal for adding a premium look to packaging.
At the show, Crown is also featuring its Reactinks™ technology – an ink that reacts to, and changes color at each stage of consumption, for maximum consumer engagement. Affected by both temperature and sunlight, the Reactinks™ technology will reveal the amount of cold beverage left in a can, as well as display different colors in the areas shaded from light, for example, where a consumer holds the can.
To demonstrate the impact that decorative finishes can have, Crown’s booth includes several recent commercial launches. Among them there are Coca-Cola Turkey’s thermochromic summer designs featuring thermochromic inks as well as new cans created for Mountain Dew that utilize fluorescent ink. After introducing a brighter colored bottle to the market, Mountain Dew duplicated the neon effect on a special edition can range across the Middle East.
Other innovative technologies that are featured at Crown’s booth include:
- Emprint™ – Crown’s latest finish that creates a ‘micro-embossed’ effect on the surface of the can. Emprint™ enables features such as a premium tactile feel or grip on the can as well as helps accentuate a selected part of the design. The light refracted by the textured surface offers the container new dimensions by creating a matte, gloss or 3D effect.
- ClickerCrown – A modernization of the original crown cork (also known as the bottle cap) developed by the Company’s founder, William Painter, in 1892. The twist off crown cork produces a fresh ‘click’ sound when opened, providing visual, audible and tactile interaction during the opening experience.
- CrownConnect™ – Developed in conjunction with EVRYTHNG, a GS1 US Solution Partner, the technology made its commercial debut with FACT water and its Almond Blockchain platform. CrownConnect™ serves as the enabler by providing the scannable codes necessary for access. In addition to helping brands building loyalty through rewards and contests, the platform also delivers critical purchasing data that can help to shape future marketing and promotional campaigns.
“Our goal at Crown is to help beverage brands continue to find exciting ways to innovate and adapt to the changing demands of consumers and retailers,” comments Florian Combe, Marketing Manager NDP at Crown Bevcan Europe & Middle East. “From initial concept to the final stages of a project, Crown is a dedicated partner every step of the way, helping brands excel in a competitive marketplace. We listen to our customers’ needs, strive to understand their vision and deliver the packaging that best serves their products through our design and industry expertise.”
About Crown Holdings, Inc.
Crown Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a leading global supplier of rigid packaging products to consumer marketing companies, as well as transit and protective packaging products, equipment and services to a broad range of end markets. World headquarters are located in Yardley, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.crowncork.com.
For more information, contact:
In Europe: Florian Combe, Marketing Manager NPD, Crown Bevcan Europe and Middle East; Tel: 44 1235 40 2191; Email: Florian.Combe@eur.crowncork.com
In the United States: Ron Skotleski, Director of Marketing, North America, Crown Beverage Packaging; Tel: (215) 718-1303; Email: Ron.Skotleski@crowncork.com
In South America: Fabio Braido, Commercial Coordinator Crown Embalagens Metalicas da Amazonia S.A.; Tel: 55 11 4529-1081; Email: Fabio.Braido@crowncork.com.br
In Mexico: Ramiro Barney, Commercial Director, Crown Beverage Packaging Mexico; Tel: 52 (722) 275 5810; Email: Ramiro.Barney@famosa.com.mx
In Asia Pacific: Frank Koh, Senior Vice President, Crown Asia Pacific Holdings Ltd; Tel: 65-622 948 28; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For editorial inquiries: Maria Ciubotaru, Associate Vice President, Finn Partners; Tel: 44 207 017 8345; Email: email@example.com