Crown Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to using sustainable environmental, health and safety practices and complying with all applicable regulations and Company standards. This policy, and the related Key Principles, demonstrate the Company’s commitment to protecting the environment, as well as the health and safety of its employees, contractors, and third-party vendors, and is an integral part of World Class Performance. Implementation of this policy is a primary management objective and the responsibility of each Crown employee.
Crown recognizes that the protection of human health and the environment is a sound business practice that conserves resources and safeguards employees, customers, the general public and the environment. Each of us shares this responsibility to ensure our long term success.
To implement our policy, we will:
- Commit to leadership by operating our businesses in conformance with all regulatory requirements and Crown’s environmental, health and safety standards and policies.
- Strengthen our proactive environmental, health and safety culture by increasing awareness and knowledge among all levels of employees and commit to the protection and well-being of each employee.
- Promote the principals of sustainability and include environmental, health and safety considerations among the criteria by which projects, products, processes and purchases are evaluated.
- Require each employee to take responsibility for the environmental, health and safety performance and security of themselves, fellow employees and the Company.
- Require all contractors and third party vendors to review our policies, and agree to abide by their requirements for the safety of our employees as well as theirs.
- Assess our environmental, health and safety performance and programs and commit to continuous improvement towards our target goals of zero injuries and zero impacts.