All levels of our Company, from our policies and procedures to our programs and value chain, are rooted in sustainability. A sustainability governance model has been established as a foundation for developing sustainability strategies and targets that touch each part of the Company.
Chief Executive Officer
- Key participant in the decision-making process around Crown’s global sustainability strategy.
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
The Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee
- Reviews and assesses the Company’s ESG programs, policies and practices.
- Makes recommendations to the Board to further the sustainable growth of the Company’s businesses.
The Audit Committee
- Reviews Crown’s detailed ESG disclosures, reports and audits.
Vice President of Global Sustainability & Regulatory Affairs
- Leads sustainability initiatives, including the environmental management program.
- Drives accountability and performance in meeting Crown’s sustainability goals and identifies innovative ways to manage operational risks and opportunities related to climate change.
- Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and regularly updates the Board of Directors and/or its Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and Audit Committee.
Global Executive Sustainability Committee
- Makes strategic decisions related to ESG sustainability and guides daily activities to help the Company meet its goals.
- Composed of Crown’s Chief Operating Officer; Vice President of Global Sustainability & Regulatory Affairs; Director of Sustainability and other executives from investor relations, technology development, procurement, human resources, EHS, risk management and legal.
Risk Management Team
- Elevates and appropriately assigns risks to be addressed and mitigated at an operational level by designated teams within the Company.
- Where appropriate, elevates risks directly to the Chief Executive Officer, who determines whether further evaluation by the Board is necessary.
- Includes local plant management champions for on-the-ground sustainability efforts, including in the communities in which we operate.