Areas of Interest
Crown is particularly interested in packaging innovations, including both product and process innovations, particularly related to the metal packaging of food, beverages and other FMCG as well as transit packaging.
- Our policy is to accept only non-confidential information at this initial stage. Should Crown decide to pursue your submission, we may require the signing of a confidentiality agreement to allow for further exchange of information.
- Please refrain from submitting ideas that do not align with one of these categories or do not relate to metal cans, metal closures or transit packaging.
Innovations that offer differentiation on shelf
- New printing and decoration technologies
New Packaging Technologies
- Products with reduced environmental footprint and/or increase recyclability
- More efficient manufacturing processes
Improved Manufacturing Methods
- Improvements in manufacturing speed, output, efficiency, spoilage, etc
Improved Product Shelf Life
- Improved barrier performance
- Improved coatings
- For Crown and/or Crown’s customers
Smart / Intelligent Packaging
- Particularly suited to low-cost, high volume applications
Other Packaging Innovations, including Transit Packaging
- Metal or plastic strap banding products or the strap sealing technology
- Protective packaging such as airbags and void-fillers or edge protection and frames for palletized goods
- Stretch wrap film to secure loads to pallets