Our focus starts with considering development in the broadest sense. We provide a variety of educational opportunities including a mix of mandatory and voluntary training programs that occur in a classroom, online, on the job or in partnership with academic institutions. But it goes further than that, as challenging job tasks and participation in multi-functional project teams are equally important learning experiences. As part of this, management training includes a mixture of assignments such as customized functional training, international exposure and core Division-wide activity to develop common approaches and values.
Examples of our programs include:
- 24/7 e-learning courses on a range of topics and issues, including logistics, planning, and sales and marketing.
- English language courses for non-native speakers.
- Lean Manufacturing trainings and Six Sigma certification (Green or Black Belt)
- Management Development Program (MDP) and Early Leadership Development Program (ELDP) to develop the management and leadership skills of high-potential employees.
- Supervisory training for Operations Supervisors and Managers.
- Comprehensive “Train the Trainer” program to accelerate learning techniques and increase confidence and effectiveness of training. Tuition reimbursement for employees pursuing degree related programs.
We also recognize that some of the best learning experiences come from challenging job tasks and through participation in multifunctional teams. That is why, for example, our management training involves a variety of assignments including customized functional training, international exposure and core Division-wide activity to develop common approaches and values.
Taking Action: The FORWARD Program
Today’s young professionals have many exciting careers from which to choose. Our goal is to help stimulate and foster an interest in technical fields and show how fulfilling a career in the manufacturing industry can be.
We have taken a proactive approach to filling our future operational leadership positions with our FORWARD program. The initiative is designed to accelerate the careers of highly skilled graduates with two to five years of experience in engineering or commercial roles in the manufacturing industry and represents a unique and exciting opportunity for growth. Successful candidates will be offered a permanent role within the business with a faster pathway for progression. Learn more about the program and apply for future vacancies here.