CDP RECOGNIZES CROWN AS CLIMATE CHANGE LEADER
"We take great pride in our commitment to environmental stewardship and the ambitious goals we have set as part of our Twentyby30 sustainability initiative," said
In 2021, a record-breaking 13,000 companies disclosed climate change data to CDP. In the annual rating process, CDP assesses company performance using an independent scoring system that is based on comprehensive and detailed disclosures and considers awareness of climate change issues, management methods and progress toward action against climate change. Participants are graded from A to D-minus.
Key environmental achievements and actions that contributed to Crown's increase in scoring from the Climate Change 2020 report include:
- Surpassing 2020 Sustainability Goals ahead of schedule. The targets, which were established in 2016 against a 2015 baseline and scheduled for completion by
December 31, 2020, included:
- Reducing GHG emissions by 10% per billion standard units of production, including Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions. The Company also lowered its absolute emissions by almost 14% even while expanding production by nearly the same amount.
- The company's metal packaging plants exceeded the goal of lowering energy usage by 5% per billion standard units of production.
- Crown topped its goal of 30% renewable electricity by the end of 2020.
- The Company had its 2030 GHG emission reduction targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as consistent with reductions required to keep warming to 1.5°C, the most ambitious goal of the Paris Agreement.
To learn more about Crown's Twentyby30 program and the Company's sustainability progress, visit crowncork.com/sustainability.
For more information, contact:
For editorial inquiries: