Our approach to governance is more than a legal formality.
We view robust corporate governance as the foundation for an inclusive society and a thriving business by supporting the tenets of honesty, fairness and transparency.
We aim to be a responsible business partner that complies with applicable legal, regulatory and industry code requirements and upholds the highest principles of integrity and standards. This commitment applies to every aspect of our business and each market in which we operate. It also helps us manage risk and opportunities and ensure we remain accountable to stakeholders.
Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics serves as the centerpiece for how we do business, providing clear guidance on required standards and behaviors. The Code, which is available to our employees in 14 languages, is reviewed regularly by management and outside counsel to consider evolving issues and best practices. It is accompanied by a series of detailed underlying policies that address critical ESG issues.
The five pillars of the program are underpinned by multiple governance and ethics initiatives. Our commitments in this area include:
- Continue to operate by the standards outlined in our Corporate Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Subjects covered by the Code range from securities trading and anti-corruption to financial reporting and equal opportunity, discrimination and harassment.
- Uphold our Supplier Code of Conduct, which outlines our expectations in areas such as human rights, health and safety, anti-bribery, confidentiality and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a Human Rights Policy to address topics such as safe working conditions, child labor, living wages and employee rights and responsibilities. Learn more about our Human Rights engagement efforts here.
- Enforce a Conflict Minerals Policy to ensure compliance with U.S. laws.
- Consult and engage our stakeholders on a regular basis and adapt our policies as needed.
As technology advances, we are aware there are associated risks. Crown is dedicated to keeping our employees and their data safe. Read about the actions we are taking to support Information Security here.
Sustainability Governance Structure
Our sustainability governance model provides a solid foundation for developing and anchoring our sustainability strategy and targets. It ensures that we focus on embedding sustainability across our business by implementing decisions in the relevant Division areas.
- Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer
- Vice President of Global Sustainability and Regulatory Affairs
- Global Executive Sustainability Committee
- Composed of the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer; Vice President of Global Sustainability and Regulatory Affairs; Director of Sustainability and other executives from investor relations, technology development, procurement, human resources, EHS, risk management and legal as well as the Company’s four operating Division's Presidents.
- Risk Management Team
- Includes local plant management to champion on-the-ground sustainability efforts, including in the communities in which we operate.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, the United Nations General Assembly announced 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to address global challenges and set a blueprint for action to achieve the goals by 2030.
Our sustainability priorities are aligned with the SDGs so that our actions can contribute to a greater collective impact. Learn more about our alignment with each goal.