A CAN-tastic Fourth!
Each year, the United States commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th. Over the years, the holiday has become an opportunity for Americans to celebrate the country’s independence in a variety of ways. Many choose to hit the beach, barbeque or even have a picnic.
Retailers and consumer goods manufacturers see spikes in sales in categories like soft drinks, beer and food items as Americans prepare to celebrate. In fact, according to Nielsen, Americans spent an estimated $1.72 billion on beer and $1.1 billion on soft drinks over the Independence Day holiday in 2015.
When it comes to enjoying the festivities and food on July 4th, burgers, hot dogs, beer and soft drinks are a given, but let’s not forget about the sides - salsa, pickles, baked beans, corn, tomatoes and fruit. Canned varieties of these items offer an affordable way for consumers to simplify their holiday meal preparation.
Here are some facts on why canned foods and drinks are a great option for the holiday:
- Cans are convenient and portable, making them the perfect vessel to take on any adventure that awaits.
- The taste and quality of the product is sustained for longer due to metal’s notable barrier against sunlight, oxygen and microorganisms.
- Metal chills quicker than any other package format, making it easier for customers to satisfy their thirst sooner.
- The 360 End® for beverage cans and the Ideal Closure® for glass containers allow for easier and quicker access to the product.
- Finally, metal packaging is lightweight and durable, eliminating the risk of breakage if dropped on a picnic table, concrete sidewalk or poolside patio.